World Senior Council is attended by elected Senior Teachers from every major diocese.
Rev. Teacher +Yusa (iii) – Chairperson: Representing Jammu, Kashmir, Western Asia (deceased. portfolio vacant)
- Teacher + Prabhakar: Representing India
- Teacher + Siphor (ix): Representing Eastern Asia
- Teacher + Thoma(ii): Representing
Middle East, Northern Africa
- Teacher +Vakil: Representing South America
- Teacher Acharya +Yajn: Representing the Anglophone Western Areas, (acting Chairperson)
World Senior Council sits every three years, and provides guidance in terms of appointment of senior staff members. The Senior Council also reviews activity reports and needs reports from almost every area where a congregation is active.
The next World Senior Council meeting will be in Kullu, Himachal Pradesh, during April 2016. The Secretaries for SC are:
- Ms. J.S Naidoo, 17 V.N. Purav Marg, Sion-Chunabhatti, Mumbai-400 022, India.
- Rev. Adhiel+, PO Box 2632, Sarnia, ON, N7T 8V7. or email
Senior Worldwide Council is approached through the office of the local board or your local Teacher.
World Senior Council is neither the head of the Church or a final authority -- this position is fulfilled by Yesu our Lord. Senior Worldwide Council is an opportunity for all diocese to convene and discuss issues of importance to the various self-governing areas under the banner of Church of the East, and acts as the central licensing authority for clergy.